I'm a creative professional with over a decade's experience producing, editing, & shooting documentaries, commercials, narratives, and live events. I'm comfortable conceptualizing, developing, and managing projects, and familiar with modern digital tools, graphic applications, compression techniques, and video formats. I can multitask and prioritize in fast paced, high pressure environments. I'm an award-winning storyteller with an eye for composition and a knack for problem-solving.
Media Production Specialist, BJC Healthcare, 2010-Present
- Produce, shoot, and edit patient experience narratives.
- Work with clients and ensure expectations for content, budget, and deadlines are met.
- Shoot and edit PSAs, music videos, & content for web marketing, fundraising, and social media.
- Coordinate & produce live events for web streaming on various platforms.
- Produce, shoot, and edit instructional and corporate communications content.
Owner & Producer/Editor/Shooter, Vericon Media, 2004-Present
Clients: Washington University, Charter Communications, Saint Louis University, Incarnate Word Academy
- Collaborate with clients to produce, shoot, & edit web marketing videos.
- Edit & digitally deliver various video projects.
- Employ digital compression expertise to tailor videos for proper distribution.
- Shoot and process digital still photographs for various clients/events.
Editor/Director, Chaifetz Arena, 2008-2014
- Edit halftime highlights & recap videos during college basketball games.
- Build roll-in & graphics for clients
- Discuss producers’ goals in preproduction to determine live production strategies.
- Troubleshoot equipment & provide creative workflow solutions.
Production Manager, Charter Communications, 2004-09
- Directed and produced studio and remote broadcast productions, including various live SLU sporting events, a sports talk show, music videos, minor league hockey, documentaries, promos & spots.
- Coordinated technical crews regarding production techniques and responsibilities.
- Scheduled and enforced deadlines and budgets, and created new programs and series.
- Worked with sales team to establish new revenue streams.
Producer/Videographer, Charter Communications, 2001-04
- Produced, edited, and shot Emmy Award-winning NASCAR documentary.
- Produced, shot, edited various local programming including the St. Louis Rams Show, High School Sports, SLU Basketball, Gateway Golf, Visionaries, Washington University Basketball, documentaries, promos & spots.
- Developed unique, complex, synchronized production techniques and implemented them with decisive precision in a chaotic environment.
- Applied sense of composition and attentive observation to achieve remarkable moments of narrative videography.
- Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, & Audition
- Final Cut Pro 7, Motion, Color, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro
- NewTek Tricaster multi-camera live switching & web streaming
- DSLR & large-sensor video cameras
- Broadcast-style cameras
- Professional lighting, grip, and studio equipment
- Professional audio equipment and sound mixing
- Apple soundtrack
- Various file conversion and compression software
Telly Award - Producer/Editor 2016 - “Healthy Kids Express” (promotional video)
Telly Award - Producer/Editor 2015 - “SLCH Carousel Gala” (fundraising video)
Telly Award - Producer/Editor 2013 - “Ride With Us” (fundraising video)
Telly Award - Producer/Editor 2006 - “Race Day: Inside the Charter 250” (documentary short)
Telly Award - Producer 2006 - “Turkey Day Game 2005” (live tv event)
Emmy Award - Producer/Director 2005 - “Race Day: Inside the Charter 250” (documentary short)
Telly Award - Videographer 2005 - “SLU Soccer Promo - Will John” (:30 spot)
Riverfront Times’ ‘Best Local TV Commercial’ - Producer 2004 - “St. Louis Aces Tennis” (:30 spot)
Emmy Award - Associate Producer 2004 - “Ozzie Calls his Shot” (:30 spot)
Emmy Award - Videographer 2004 - “Visionaries - Jerry Clinton” (tv segment)
Bachelor of Science-Electronic Media Production 1995
Missouri State University - Springfield, Missouri